Monday, August 23, 2010

A Big Birthday in the Burbs


This weekend I helped the hubs ring in the big 3-0. In honor of such a big birthday, not only did I bake him a delicious cake (seen above!), but I surprised him with the grill he's had his eye on for a while. He. Was. Speechless. 

Let me back up for a moment. When we moved to the 'burbs, my parents so graciously gave us their old grill since they recently bought a new one. We were thrilled seeing that we previously used to grill "ghetto style" outside the front door of our condo using a tailgating grill before we moved to this house. The 'burbs is no place for such "ghetto style" grilling and we can now actually use our tailgating grill for actual tailgating. Woo-hoo! We are moving in the right direction!

We cooked many a great meal on this trusty Char-Broil Grill from my parents and we are sad to see it go....

But move over Char-Broil and say hello to the Weber Spirit E-320. 
It practically sounds like a car model, doesn't it? In fact, ME purchasing such an item was a slightly overwhelming and stressful experience - much like car shopping. But the salesman at the hardware store couldn't have been nicer....and I managed to keep my nervous perspiring to a minimum so I didn't look like a complete idiot. And the process was well worth it...as seen in the hubs face when we did the inaugural first grilling this weekend.
Thanks mom and dad for generously giving us your hand-me-down grill and sparing our neighbors the sight of us grilling "ghetto style" on a tailgating grill in the 'burbs! Next up - the hubs would like to install a small slate patio for the grill to stand on....stay tuned!



1 comment:

Katie said...

Happy Birthday to the Hubs! LOVE the grill and the perspiring comment!