Monday, December 6, 2010

Christmas In The 'Burbs

Christmas has officially arrived in the 'burbs. When a few of our neighbors had their houses fully decorated the weekend after Thanksgiving, the pressure was on! The hubs and I deemed this past weekend "Christmas Extravaganza Weekend".

A la "Christmas Vacation", we kicked off our fun old-fashion family Christmas by heading out into the country in the old four wheel drive Jeep to embrace the frosty majesty of the winter landscape and select that most important of Christmas symbols. Our tree!
Actually, I lied. We drove to the church parking lot at the end of our street to pick up this spectacular tree. Although the tree is up, we haven't decorated it yet. I will post photos of the final decorated tree soon!

This is one of my favorite decorating projects...our mantle. I love adding fresh cut magnolia leaves from our tree in our yard. Here is the finished product...with roaring fire and all!
We decorated the outside of the house - put lights on the bushes, wreath on the door, candles in the windows, and wreaths on the dormer windows. Yes, don't let your eyes deceive you...there are 2 tiny wreaths on our dormer windows that took several attempts to hang. A wreath may or may not have slipped while we were trying to hang it, falling down the roof and onto the ground (the wreath, not me). We for sure provided an afternoon of entertainment for our neighbors. And I swear the wreaths were bigger when I bought them at the store. They have shrunk since hanging them.
And last but certainly not least...Emmit is dressed and ready to tackle this Holiday Season! Check out his new collar!
He's been such a snuggle-bug lately, this was the best photo I could get of him in his new collar. He's fast asleep on my lap...love it.

More to come, so stay tuned!


No comments: