Sunday, October 30, 2011

Bored In The 'Burbs

October has been a busy month in the 'burbs. So I am thoroughly enjoying spending this rainy Saturday indoors. I've made progress on the "fab $5 find" chair - but will share 
more about on that later. 

I was a bit bored after fiddling with my $5 chair project, and I was dying to test out my Annie Sloan Chalk Paint (ASCP) on something small before I paint my dining room furniture with it. I was worried about the Duck Egg blue being too blue. So when I came across this $4 wood frame at Michael's, I knew this was the perfect way to test the paint. I modeled this painted frame after the fabulous Sugarbooo frames that I just ADORE. 


In case you can't ready my free-hand script, it says, "Learn from yesterday, Live for today, Hope for tomorrow". 

I finished the frame with the Annie Sloan dark wax 
which gave not only toned down the blue paint, but also gave it a rustic look. What do you think?

No comments: