Saturday, February 20, 2010

Dear Martha

 

Dear Martha,

I've been a fan of yours for quite some time. Sort of a love/hate thing. Let me clarify...I am a fan of your crafts, your ideas, your recipes and other projects, but just not YOU. They say wisdom comes with age and as I steadily approach 30, the more I realize this. I have come to the conclusion that the guests you have on The Martha Stewart Show are merely there to help you plug one of your 9230983 product lines. Yet I find myself going out of my way to peruse your product section at Michael's. Plus your product lines seem to be creeping up everywhere, don't you ever sleep? And kudos to your daughter for having the balls (excuse my french) to host, Whatever Martha! This is quite possibly the greatest show on tv. I love the fact that she says what everyone else is thinking while watching one of your show segments.

But back to my point. I was in Home Depot today looking at paint colors for the home office and what to my wondering eyes should appear but a pamphlet containing all of your paint chip colors...for FREE! Well, I think it was free. The pamphlet and I walked right past the check out counter and out to the car without losing a step. This pamphlet is something that I will surely keep on hand for a very long time. And I am sorry to say, but I will probably be using one of YOUR paint chips for Home Depot to match in their own brand paint. I am thinking the color - Milk Pail #122 - is just perfect for the home office. 

Sincerely yours,
Erika


2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are hilarious!!! Keep writing!!! I love it!
~Katie

Unknown said...

Martha just brings out the "dislike intensely" in me. She too pompous for most mortals !!