Monday, September 6, 2010

'Burb Etiquette 101

Solicitors - in our pre-doggie days it was a simple answer of the door, polite "no thank you" and we could move on with our day. 

A solicitor knocked on our door today. In my flurry to calm down our excited 6 month old puppy, I managed to only appear minorly frantic to the solicitor as I pushed the pup back, squeezed out the door and closed it behind me and stood on the stoop. I say a polite "no thank you" and return to this...
Not sure how this happened, and I probably don't want to know. But I know the culpret was this little guy:
How can you get mad when you see this face looking back at you?

Embarrassing tid-bit #1: The hubs and I have been living with temporary blinds on our front window for over a year. No, that wasn't our original intention. And yes, that is against 'burb etiquette. The "upgrade" to wooden blinds is on the "to-do" list. 

Embarrassing tid-bit #2: Those temporary blinds are actually pretty decent and don't look so terrible (can't believe I just admitted that!). And let's be honest, they cost about $10 each. They practically just give 'em away for free. But still against 'burb etiquette.

Embarrassing tid-bit #3: I immediately ran out to Home Depot to snatch up 2 replacement blinds, get home and take them out of the package only to realize I bought the wrong ones. So I had to go back to Home Depot, return wrong blinds and purchase the correct ones. 2 trips to Home Depot in the span of 30-minutes. That may be a record?

Lesson of the day: READ packages carefully before leaving the store and driving all the way home. DUH.


No comments: