Saturday, October 9, 2010

Fabulous Five Dollar Find

As I was driving home from work on Friday, I noticed a bunch of yard sale sale signs for this weekend...hmmmmm. 

I managed to convince the hubs to spare 1 hour on Saturday morning to be my navigator around our surrounding neighborhoods while I try and scope out any fabulous finds.

I am not a regular yard sale junkie. But the thrill of the hunt is absolutely euphoric. After several blah yard sale drive-by's we were ready to head home when we saw yet another sign. The hubs decided to follow the signs one last time. Good thing he did, because I found this chair....
For only $5!!!!
I did a double-take at the price tag. Maybe it was missing a 1 in front of the 5? I looked closer....nope. This thing was only $5. I couldn't resist this purchase. It's in great shape. It seems to even have the original springs and horse-hair cushioning. The woman I bought it from said she had plans to refinish it herself but never got around to it. Can't wait to tackle this project! Stay tuned....

2 comments:

Catherine @ Cat on a Limb said...

I LOVE finds like this! I recently found a $5 chair at a yard sale and I was so excited. It's rare to find furniture at prices like that these days, even at yard sales.

KimMalk said...

What a great chair--so many possibilities...