Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I Survived

When the prospect of turning the big 3-0 last year was staring me in the face, I was terrified. Terrified to leave the twenty-something years behind. 


But here we are today, another birthday....as my Gramps would say, "it's the 3rd anniversary of my 10th birthday....plus one"! I survived my 30th year and it wasn't bad at all. Although I feel old - only on paper - I feel like a kid at heart. And I would like to hold on to that forever. Do we ever grow out of that?

Although I had to work today - I came in to find this on my desk this morning...
A cupcake from one of THE best bakeries around town! Yummo!

And one of my co-workers made me this sign to spruce up my cube...
I have some of the sweetest co-workers around :)

Then the birthday festivities continued once I got home. The hubs greeted me with a bouquet of my favorite flowers!
And the hubs outdid himself...he S L A V E D over making this birthday cake for me. He did get a little help from Betty Crocker, and is the only person to wear more of the cake batter on his shirt than goes into the actual cake. It was baked and iced with love. Check it out...
And then a certain someone (ME!) didn't push the cake far enough back on the counter after snapping the above photo....and another certain someone felt the need to sample the cake. UH OH.
Hang your head in shame, Emmit.
But we didn't let that stop the birthday celebration! 
Happy birthday to me!
 

1 comment: