Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Chair Envy


chair envy [chare en-vee] verb:
a feeling of covetousness in regard to another's fabulously decorated chair
 ***
Despite what you may think, it IS possible to have chair envy. Yup. I have it. And I have Pinterest to thank for this. I have an affinity to old chairs in need of TLC. I will never pass up a deal on a chair with good bones. Nope. Never. In fact, I have a few in my inventory that are awaiting my attention to be re-invented. I may or may not have scored 2 chairs from my neighbors trash-pile at the curb. Shhh....don't tell anyone.

Pinterest has been a great inspiration for chair re-furbishing ideas. Here are a few looks I am coveting these days...

(source)

(source)
(source)

(source)
(source)
(source)

I guess this means I need to get my act together and start working on the chairs in my inventory. Embarrassing confession: I've had one of these chairs for over 2 years! What do you think? Should I go fun and funky or rustic and muted?




1 comment:

Old Lucketts Store said...

What great patterns and variety. The multicolor striped fabric is so cheerful! The second pic looks like one we used to have in the Design House. : )