Thursday, May 24, 2012

I Get By With a Little Help From My Dad

Bottom line is that the husbo and I are in desperate need of a shed. But since all the sheds that we have drooled over are out of our budget, we both thought it would be fun to build a shed from a kit. Well, the "kit" arrived yesterday. My first reaction was, "That's it?!". Yeah. That's it. We just spent a good hunk of change on a giant pile of shrink-wrapped wood. Yay! {sarcastic} 
  

I know what you are all thinking and YES we have our work cut our for us. I am keeping an open mind about this "project" and thank god we called in the assistance of my dad, also known as
Mr. Fix-it . He's so handy and we wouldn't have even dreamed of taking on this project without his assistance. 
If we follow the 80-pages of directions correctly, it should look like this:
To be continued...
~~~

I GET BY WITH A LITTLE HELP FROM MY DAD
{Adapted from the Beatles song "I Get By With A Little Help From My Friends"}

What would you think if I ran out of gas,
Would you stand up and say shame on me.
Lend me your ears and I'll beg you for help,
And I'll try not to do it again.
I get by with a little help from my Dad,
I can't lie I need help from my Dad,
Going to try with a little help from my Dad.
What do I do when it's time to move out.
(Does it worry you I'll be on my own)
How do I feel by the end of the day
(Are you sad because I'm on my own)
No I get by with a little help from my Dad,
Do you need anybody,
I need somebody to help.
Could it be anybody
I want somebody to help.
Would you believe I learned how to use a drill,
Yes I'm certain that this didn't happen over night.
What do you see when when you look at my tool box
I can't tell you how much your hand-me-downs have helped me.
Oh I get by with a little help from my Dad,
Do you need anybody,
I just need somebody to help,
Could it be anybody,
I want somebody to help.
I get by with a little help from my Dad,
Yes I get by with a little help from my Dad,
With a little help from my Dad. 

No comments: