Monday, November 22, 2010

DIY Frame Project


I came across this post for a 'Christmas Present Frame' over at Craftily Ever After and had to give it a try. Although I wasn't looking to make a Christmas themed frame, I thought I could try and make a few frames for our guest bedroom. Here is my version of this DIY frame project.

SUPPLIES:
Wood Frame ($1.00 at Michaels!)
Mod Podge

Paint
Fun Printed Paper (or wrapping paper)
Paint brush
Razor blade or exacto knife
Ribbon
First, I painted the wood frame black since my paper color scheme was black and white. Technically I didn't have to paint the entire frame since the paper was going to cover all of the front, but I was toying with the fact of distressing the paint, but ultimately decided against it.
Once the paint dried I cut the paper roughly one inch larger than the frame itself. Applied a layer of Mod Podge to the front of the painted frame and pressed the paper on and smoothed it out. This adheres the paper to the frame. Once this dried, I cut the excess paper by flipping the frame over and using a razor blade and cut the around the inner and outer edges of the frame. 

Next, I applied a layer of Mod Podge over the paper and around the side edges and let dry. I liked the frames as is, but they seemed to be missing something. 
So I decided to add some ribbon to spruce them up a bit. 
I just adore the finished product! What do you think?!






No comments: