Sunday, January 22, 2012

Winter Mantle

Once the holiday decorations came down, things looked pretty naked here in the 'burbs. I needed to come up with a "winter" themed mantle to hold us over until Valentine's Day (the next holiday that I have decorations for). It was slim pickins' in our inventory but I managed to put a few things together.
I love mercury glass and have accumulated a few pieces. The large tree on the right was a gift from the hubs this Xmas. Yes, it's technically a Xmas decoration but since it's not red or green, I figured I could get a way with it. The brown blobs are pine cones, and I put some silver glass ornaments in an urn next to the tree. The rest of the items are mercury glass candle votives. I thought the silver theme was wintery. In the words of Tim Gunn...I had to "make it work"!

No comments: