Monday, March 1, 2010

Capital Home & Garden Show Recap

(Some garden inspiration above...)
My first trip to the Capital Home & Garden show was fun. Not 100% what I expected, but good overall. If I had to rate it on a scale of 1-5, I would probably give it a 3. It was probably 70% home and 30% garden with a few random vendors sprinkled in like teeth whitening (strange, I know) and even a few shamWOW-esq vendors sporting the headset with microphone acting overly excited about their products. Now thinking about it, I should have gotten some photos, it was hilarious. But I definitely expected there to be more garden inspiration. There were rows and rows of kitchen remodeling, siding, roofing, window and floor vendors. There's definitely a ton of products out there other than what you would see at your local Home Depot or Lowes, which is an eye opener. The above pictures were taken at one of the few live garden displays.  Some inspiration for our planting beds. Now all we need is for Spring to arrive! 

 
PS - I am in love with portico's and would love to be able to add one (like above seen at the show) to our house one day....but with a much larger stoop area. What do you think?

No comments: