Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Milk Paint

When one of my favorite bloggers revealed another secret paint she used was milk paint, I knew I had to get my hands on some.
 I bought mine from Mister Milk Paint. Believe it or not, this small bag of paint is enough to make 1 pint of liquid paint.

Milk paint has been around forever and was especially popular in Colonial America. It's made from milk protein and other natural ingredients. As you can see it comes in powder form. When mixed with varying amounts of water, you can create different effects depending on how thick you mix the paint. But overall it does not cover as well at latex paint, which is fine by me! It gives more of a soft finish to things which creates an aged look. Just what I like. 

I am hoping to use this on one of the chairs I have that is currently collecting dust in my basement. Note to self - get your act together and start painting!!

Stay tuned for an update on my experience with milk paint!

No comments: